Why Storytelling Is A Must Have Skill For Business!
I’m sure you’ve heard that the best way to teach, coach, and get new clients – is via telling stories.
Why? Because people remember stories!
We don’t retain dry facts – we remember being EMOTIONALLY moved…
I’ve found that being good at communicating through stories absolutely leads to more sales, more clients, and a bigger tribe of followers!
So have you thought about YOUR story? (or stories)
Or how to weave them into your business messaging?
If not, keep reading because I’ve got a little template you can follow (below)…
You see, if someone relates to your story, your struggle, your fears, your regrets… And they desire your “success” – they will be your perfect client!
Remember, Success isn’t just financial. It can be health, or relationships, fulfillment… whatever outcome you offer.
When I’m creating content, like a video, program, email, blog and adding a story…
These are The 7 Main Things To Consider When Sharing A Personal Story:
(you can use this is a basic template)
1. See yourself as the Hero – The star of your story. After all, you can’t be a co-star in your own story!
2. Be relatable – Talk about where you started – what life was like before. Know who is listening to your story and share it so they find it relatable.
3. Your Teacher/Mentor – who or what planted the seed in you to seek more? Or to know that more is possible? (a parent, teacher?)
4. Was there a technique, tool, or insight a teacher (or role model) shared with you that gave you the courage to move forward?
5. What were your successes and failures along the way? Who (or what) disappointed you? What amazed you?
6. What is the BIG Conflict you had to overcome? (physical, mental, emotional, financial)
7. How did you overcome this? Why didn’t other people’s methods work for you? What was the unique way this happened?
Then your unique “offer”, program or product – Is YOU sharing YOUR tool, and YOUR methods to overcome a particular conflict!
For example, a unique system you used to bounce back from a failed relationship.
Or, your specific method for dealing with a food allergy.
Or the way you slim your hips and thighs. It can be anything!
As long as there is a story that helps people to understand, remember and relate to you as someone who can help them.
So, next time you’re sharing what you do, and the services you offer –
do it via a story and watch how quickly your tribe starts to grow!
Let me know your thoughts in the comments area below – I’d love to know what you think?
Leave A Comment